The forum provides an opportunity to discuss the challenges surrounding commercial support for medical education programs, and will be led by more than 20 continuing medical education (CME) experts from supporter and provider organizations.
These individuals and leaders in CME will use the forum to discuss ways to overcome challenges and maintain compliance in the funding of educational programs that attain high-level outcomes. Topics to be explored on the agenda include:
- Development of a clear, concise CME value proposition
- Examination of transparency measures and compliant reporting of grant funding
- Considerations for grant reconciliation
- CME cost containment
From these topics, participants will see a much more in depth look at a timeline of important events affecting CME from 2009 to present, as well as:
- Discuss the key elements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care (PPAC) Act including the Physician Payments Sunshine provision;
- Explore the key players and departments within HHS impacting PPAC; and
- Examine state statutes
In addition, panel members will:
- Review current obligations/requirements for public reports;
- Review various company styles/report elements; and
- Evaluate the potential elements of a report from all the stakeholder perspectives
Among numerous other topic areas, the forum will also look at ways to mitigate risks and maintain compliance throughout the funding process by exploring why the government is really so suspicious about CME, and learning what CME providers can do to navigate compliance landmines.
For more information or to register, click here.