Pharmaceutical and device companies are on the hook for filing their first Sunshine Act reports this year. The 5th Aggregate Spend and Sunshine Conference will offer companies the opportunity to understand industry-wide lessons learned from filing, improve their compliance program going forward, and prepare for dispute resolutions with physicians and disclosure to come later this year.
The Conference will take place on June 2-3, 2014 at the Ritz-Carlton in Philadelphia, PA. Expert speaking faculty will provide conference-goers with working tools, strategies, and methods to overcome challenges with pre-disclosure, staff training, data quality, interpretation and disputes.
Topics of the conference include:
- Discuss lessons learned from filing the first report
- Benchmark in gray areas to identify the industry's consensus on CME, research and covered recipients
- Understand physician expectations regarding aggregate spend reporting and create effective communication tools
- Implement audits and controls to ensure data quality and consistency
- Address challenges for research and academic medical centers with the Open Payments Act
- Ensure continuous improvement, monitoring and re-evaluation of existing processes
- Leverage best practices to maintain a compliant company culture and ensure your staff is up to date
- Apply a global approach to aggregate spend
- Understand what steps are required in case of a reporting error
- Outline effective strategies to prepare for pre-disclosure and disclosure
- Asses legal implications and enforcement post disclosure
A detailed schedule is available here. Early bird pricing extends through April 25, 2014. We think this will be an important conference both to examine the lessons learned from the past year, and also to look forward to the next steps for Sunshine Act reporting.