The conference will include various "mini summits" on topics such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act, handling parallel criminal, civil and administrative investigations, "Sunshine in Depth," and much more.
Key Note Speakers Include
- Thomas W. Abrams, RPh, MBA, Director, Division of Drug Marketing, Advertising, and Communications, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research CDER), Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD
- Andrew M. Dahlem, PhD, Vice President, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN
- Jean-luc Fleurial, Vice President HR Intercontinental, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, New York, NY
- Mit Spears, Esq., Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), Former General Counsel, Federal Trade Commission, Former Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Civil and Environmental and Natural Resources Divisions, United States Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Mary E. Riordan, Esq., Senior Counsel, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, Office of Inspector General, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC
- Brent L. Saunders, JD, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Forest Laboratories, Former Chief Executive Officer, Bausch + Lomb, Former President of Global Consumer Health Care and Former Senior Vice President, Global Compliance and Business Practices, Schering-Plough, Rochester, NY
- Zane David Memeger, Esq., United States Attorney, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013, the conference will include a panel on State disclosure laws and the Sunshine Act. Shantanu Agrawal, MD, who is leading the implementation for the Sunshine Act at CMS has been invited to speak.
In addition, Dominique Laymand from BMS will present on global transparency along with Don Soong, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at Cegedim. The panel is being moderated by Nikki Reeves, MPA, JD, a partner at King & Spalding, LLP.
The conference also includes a roundtable of Chief Compliance Officers from the following entities.
- Eve Costopoulos, Esq., Vice President, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, Eisai Inc., Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Anne Nielsen, Esq., Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, New York, NY
- Bert Weinstein, Esq., Vice President, Corporate Compliance, Purdue Pharmaceuticals, Former Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Merck, Stamford, CT
- Caroline West, Esq., Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Former Vice President, Global Legal Compliance, Aventis, Philadelphia, PA
- Thomas M. Gallagher, Esq., Partner and Chair, White Collar and Corporate, Investigations Practice Group, Pepper Hamilton LLP, Philadelphia, PA (Moderator)
The conference has a separate roundtable that consists of current and former Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSAs), which will include:
- Margaret (Peg) Hutchinson, Esq., Assistant US Attorney and Chief, Civil Division, United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Paul Kaufman, Esq., Assistant US Attorney Chief of Civil Healthcare Fraud, United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York, Brooklyn, NY
- Richard Robinson, Esq., Section Chief-Major Frauds, Criminal Division, United States Attorney's Office, Central District of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Susan Winkler, Esq., Assistant US Attorney and Chief, Health, Care Fraud Unit, United States Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
- John T. Bentivoglio, Esq., Partner, Skadden Arps LLP; Former Special Counsel for Healthcare Fraud and Chief Privacy Officer, US Department of Justice, Washington, DC (Moderator)
Several attorneys who previously served in leadership roles in the federal government will be speaking about their "lessons learned from public service." This panel will include:
- Nathaniel B. Edmonds, Esq., Partner, Paul Hastings, Former Assistant Chief, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Unit, Fraud Section, Criminal Division, US Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Marilyn May, Esq., Counsel, Arnold & Porter, Former Senior Litigation Counsel, US Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, US Department of Justice, Washington, DC
- Lewis Morris, Esq., Senior Counsel, Adelman, Sheff and Smith LLC, Former Chief Counsel to the Inspector General, Office of Inspector General, US Department of Health and Human Services, Annapolis, MD
- Vivian Robinson, Esq., QC, Partner, McGuireWoods; Former General Counsel of the UK Serious Fraud Office; Former Head, QEB Hollis Whiteman Chambers; Recorder of the Crown Court; Former Treasurer of Inner Temple, London, UK
- Kathleen Meriwether, Esq., Principal, Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services, Ernst & Young LLP; Former Assistant United States Attorney, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, US Department of Justice, Philadelphia, PA (Moderator)
There will also be compliance professionals and counsel from various life science companies including Eli Lilly, Allergan, Genetech, Sanofi, Abbvie, Pfizer, Bayer, BMS, GE, and Medtronic, and many more.