Policy and Medicine is hosting a live teleconference and webcast at 1:00pm-2:30pm Eastern Wednesday, July 24th to discuss implementation of Open Payments (Physician Payment Sunshine Act) for CME providers and supporters. This includes a 45 minute live question and answer session and a 45 minute question and answer session.
Starting August 1, 2013, pharmaceutical, and device manufacturers, plus group purchasing organizations will begin reporting payments and transfers of value to physicians and teaching hospitals to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). There have been several open questions regarding how accredited CME is treated in the rules. Several of these have been answered during the recent July 4th break.
We will also be reviewing the CME Coalition handbook on Physician Payment Sunshine and CME.
Answers to questions for CME activities include:
- Who is responsible for reporting
- Which accreditation systems are recognized by CMS for Sunshine Exemption
- What is reported for faculty
- What is reported for attendees
- What about non accredited portions of my activity
- What is reportable for fellows and residents
- When are meals reportable
- What is to be reported for exhibits
- What about enduring materials, handouts and other items
What information has to be collected and included in reports
Thomas Sullivan, President Rockpointe, Author/Editor Policy and Medicine
Andrew Rosenberg, JD, Senior Advisor, CME Coalition
Date: Wednesday July 24th
Time: 1pm – 2:30pm
Location: Online and Via Phone
Cost for this event is $99.99 and available complementary to CME Coalition members.