In an effort to further refine the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements, CMS has issued a request for comments from stakeholders.
(1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of CMS’s function;
(2) The accuracy of CMS’s burden estimate relating to collection and reporting the data;
(3) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) The use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden
According to the request for comments they are estimating that yearly reporting will require :
- Total Annual Responses: 396,414
- Total Annual Hours: 13,327,065
CMS is concerned with the collection burden and included numbers to call to voice your concern.
For policy questions regarding this collection contact Doug Brown at
For all other issues call 410-786-1326.
To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations for the proposed information collections must be received by the OMB desk officer at the address below, no later than 5 p.m. on June 3, 2013.
Send comments to:
OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs Attention: CMS Desk Officer
Fax Number: (202) 395-6974
Federal Register Request for Comment: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/05/06/2013-10681/agency-information-collection-activities-submission-for-omb-review-comment-request